(310) 285-1516 Se habla Espanol

VC 16028a, VC 16028c insurance

VC 16028a, VC 16028c

On this page you will find:-

VC 16028 a - No proof of insurance

If you got a ticket for California Vehicle Code 16028 no proof of insurance (financial responsibility), this can be a very expensive fine.

Proof of financial responsibility means you must be able to show evidence of valid insurance when requested by a police officer. Failure to show proof of financial responsibility is a violation of vehicle code VC Section 16028 (a) which carries a fine of $900.

If you DID have valid insurance when you got a ticket, but you did not have the proof of insurance in your car at the time, it is very important to try to show you had valid insurance (proof of financial responsibility) on the date of your ticket to avoid a big fine.

Important Things to know about VC 16028(a) - Driving a vehicle without proof of car insurance

  • Driving without proof of car insurance (VC 16028(a)) is one of the most expensive traffic tickets you can get as the fine for driving without car insurance or proof of financial responsibility is approximately $900.

  • The fine for driving without insurance (VC 16028(a)) is a $200 base fine plus penalty assessments which comes out to approximately $900.

  • If you cannot provide proof of car insurance for the date of the ticket but you can show that you obtained car insurance after you got the ticket Judges will usually cut the fine in half to around $450.

  • If the police officer marked the box correctable next to the VC 16028a violation written on your ticket and you did not have car insurance on the date of the ticket but you obtained car insurance afterwards you might be able to get the fine lowered to $25.

  • A violation of VC 16028(a) driving without car insurance does NOT put a DMV point on your record.

  • If you can show the Judge you had car insurance on the date of the ticket or the registered owner of the car had car insurance that covers the date of the ticket you should be able to get the fine lowered from $900 to $25.

  • The best proof of car insurance to show the Judge is the evidence of insurance card that your insurance company sends you that shows the year, make and model of the car and lists the dates of the insurance coverage.


If you received a ticket for VC 16028(a) and you failed to appear in court and you are facing a huge fine from GC Services please call us

-We can help you clear up your license and fight the heavy fines and charges you are facing from this ticket. Please call us at 310-285-1516.

The law in California: (see http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=VEH&sectionNum=16028.

16028. (a) Upon the demand of a peace officer pursuant to subdivision (b) or upon the demand of a peace officer or traffic collision investigator pursuant to subdivision (c), every person who drives a motor vehicle upon a highway shall provide evidence of financial responsibility for the vehicle that is in effect at the time the demand is made. The evidence of financial responsibility may be provided using a mobile electronic device. However, a peace officer shall not stop a vehicle for the sole purpose of determining whether the vehicle is being driven in violation of this subdivision.

VC 16028 c - Accident with no insurance

vc 16028 c

The Consequences - One-year license suspension

If you got into an accident even if it wasn't your fault, you face a one-year license suspension if you did not have insurance at the time of the accident (VC 16028 - proof of financial responsibility).

Get a DMV Hearing

It is imperative that you request a DMV Hearing in order to try, at least, to get a restricted license so you can keep driving for work. Otherwise, you face a one-year license suspension for not having insurance and getting into an accident.

The law in California: (see http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=VEH&sectionNum=16028.

VC 16028(c) If a peace officer, or a regularly employed and salaried employee of a city or county who has been trained as a traffic collision investigator, is summoned to the scene of an accident described in Section 16000, the driver of a motor vehicle that is in any manner involved in the accident shall furnish written evidence of financial responsibility or may provide electronic verification of evidence of financial responsibility using a mobile electronic device upon the request of the peace officer or traffic collision investigator. If the driver fails to provide evidence of financial responsibility when requested, the peace officer may issue the driver a notice to appear for violation of this subdivision. A traffic collision investigator may cause a notice to appear to be issued for a violation of this subdivision, upon review of that citation by a peace officer.
You must exchange insurance information after an accident and failure to do so can result in a Hit and Run charge VC 20002.

We can help in Los Angeles County

We have handled all types of DMV Hearings and can help you with yours. Call us to speak with a Los Angeles Traffic Attorney for a free legal consultation (310) 285-1516.

Call us if these three conditions apply to you:-

  1. If you are being charged over $1,000 by GC Services 
  2. AND one of the charges was for no proof of insurance (California VC 16028(a))
  3. AND you DID have valid insurance but you did not have the proof of insurance in your car at the time you got the ticket

... then call us so we can help you fight the heavy fines and charges that you are facing from GC Services.

This website has been created by the Law Office of Pardoe & Associates, Traffic Ticket Attorneys in Los Angeles. We help with traffic ticket problems in Los Angeles County, including driver's license problems, DUI, GC Services, warrants, court appearances & more. Call us at (310) 285-1516 for a free legal consultation.


This website is not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction of your case. The material on this website is for general informational purposes only in California, USA. It is not legal advice or provided in the course of an attorney-client relationship. The information is general in nature and is not intended to indicate what the results will be in your specific case.
We practice law only in California where we are properly authorized to do so and do not seek to represent anyone in any jurisdiction where this site does not comply with applicable laws and bar rules.
Please do not send us any information that you regard as privileged or confidential unless and until we authorize you to do so.

Popular Articles

All Traffic Courts in Los Angeles

We help in ALL traffic courts and courthouses in Los Angeles County:-
traffic courts los angeles

Traffic Ticket Attorney Los Angeles

The Law Office of Pardoe & Associates
433 N Camden Drive,
Suite 400 Beverly Hills,
Los Angeles
California 90210-4408

Telephone: (310) 285-1516