dui california

What to do after being arrested for DUI in Los Angeles

DUI - Driving Under the Influence of alcohol or drugs

  1. You only have 10 days to call the DMV for a DMV Hearing after your DUI arrest!
  2. Make notes about your arrest before you forget the details.
  3. Educate yourself about DUI - know your rights!
  4. Obtain and review a copy of your Police Report.
  5. Choose who will defend you.
  6. Know your options in Court & then decide what you want to do to resolve your DUI case.

Learn how to take these 6 essential tasks after DUI arrest and more at our other website www.duilacounty.com.

If you like you can contact our office (310) 285-1516 and we will obtain a stay and a DMV hearing for you if you were arrested in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles DUI Attorney

For assistance with ALL your DUI problems,  please call us at these numbers:

DUI Attorney
Business Hours

(310) 285-1516
  • Business Hours
  • Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm
  • Free Consultations
  • Speak directly to a Los Angeles DUI Attorney


(310) 864-5446
  • For calling after 5:30 p.m. on weekdays
  • And on weekends
  • Free Consultations
  • Speak directly to a Los Angeles DUI Attorney

DUI and your license

dui restricted license californiaNormally on a first time DUI  you face a one month license suspension and then you can apply for a 5 month restricted license.

Restricted License

First time DUI. On a first time DUI, you can get a restricted license usually after a one month license suspension if you :-

  • Enrol in a first offender DUI class
  • File a SR-22 form (proof of insurance) with the DMV
  • Pay a reissue fee to the DMV .

Second time DUI. On a second time DUI within 10 years  of another DUI conviction you face a one year license suspension without any chance of a restricted license during that one year license suspension.

Read more about DUI and Restricted License at out DUI website.

Are you facing jail?

los angeles dui jail timeOn a first time DUI, you do not face any jail time unless there is an 'aggravating circumstance'. Learn more about aggravated DUI at our dui website.

If you face jail for DUI, our law office has a very successful track record of obtaining alternatives to Los Angeles County Jail which allow people to keep working and stay out of jail.  Learn more about DUI Jail Time at our DUI website.

You are under 21 and you got caught drinking and driving

Zero Tolerance Law

California has a zero tolerance law for people under 21 who get caught driving with any alcohol in their body. The following Breath or blood test results (.01, .02, .03, .04, .05, .06, .07, .08 or higher) will cause the DMV to suspend your license for one year. Your only hope is to apply for a DMV critical need restricted license that will allow you to possibly drive for school or work reasons only. Call us for advice or help with this problem. (310) 285-1516.

See also what to do when your car is impounded.

Driving on a suspended license due to a DUI - VC 14601.2

Did you get arrested for a DUI and then got caught driving on a suspended license and were issued a ticket for a violation of VC 14601.2 (driving on a suspended license due to a DUI)? This is a very serious charge as the law requires at a minimum:-

  • You spend 10 days in jail
  • Pay a $1,000 fine
  • Install an ignition interlock device on your steering wheel
  • And it puts 2 points on your license.

You must do everything you can to get your license reinstated and try to avoid this stiff punishment. 


GET INFORMED - visit our DUI website.

Los Angeles DUI Attorney - we can help!

  1. First, get informed - see our other website www.duilacounty.com.
  2. Then call us on (310) 285-1516 to speak with a Los Angeles DUI Attorney for a free legal consultation.

This website has been created by the Law Office of Pardoe & Associates, Traffic Ticket Attorneys. We help with traffic ticket problems in Los Angeles County and Orange County, including driver's license problems, DUI, debt collection agencies used by the traffic courts, warrants, court appearances & more. Call us at (310) 285-1516 for a free legal consultation.